Laurie has studied wine professionally for almost a decade. She studied with the American Sommelier Association to obtain her certificate in Viticulture and Vinification and is in the process of becoming a Master Sommelier. As The Wine Coach, Laurie creates events that help people connect with wine in a way that is approachable and fun. She is the author of the award-winning book, “The Sipping Point: A Crash Course in Wine,” and a wine columnist for several magazines. She makes regular appearances as a guest expert on radio and television stations across the country.
Key Reinvention Take-Aways from Laurie’s Interview:
- The “new normal” consists of never doing what you were doing before
- Take a “Try before you buy” approach to your reinvention – Before you quit your day job, try out the new one a little
- Do one thing per year that scares the heck out of you, then take what you learn and apply it back to your business or job
- Support is HUGE. Network. Join a Mastermind group. Work with coaches for some one-on-one help.
- Owning your own business is the biggest personal development exercise you can do
- Laurie’s advice for someone who wants to reinvent:
1. Know Your Palate: Find out what you like and what you’re good at. Poll your family & friends for their opinion of you.
2. Order What You Want: Sometimes options aren’t on the “menu,” so go ahead and ASK for it.
3. Savor Every Sip: It can’t all be just about work, enjoy life too