Judi Knight and the New Tricks team design, build, and then teach their clients how to optimize their websites on WordPress to grow their businesses. Judi also organizes the Atlanta WordPress Meetup Group and has played a role in its growth to over 2,200 members. She also is also the organizer of WordCamp Atlanta, which she has put on for the last four years. Judi loves to speak on WordPress, Marketing and Reinvention. And if running New Tricks didn’t keep her busy enough, she also owns the Urban Oasis B&B in the Atlanta area!
Key Reinvention Take-Aways from Judi’s Interview:
- If you dance, then you’re a dancer. if people like what you do and trust your reputation, you don’t necessarily need a degree in something to succeed at it.
- It was difficult in the “not knowing” phase of reinvention.
- You have to put yourself out there and let people know what you need. ASK for it (and don’t be afraid to ask for help, either).
- Reinvention comes in little steps, by staying curious, and learning new things. Push yourself.
- You can’t force reinvention, you just need to go through it.
- Keep saying “yes.” You never know where it will take you.